Re: phonetic indian language typing in Debian - Hindi, Marathi ?

at bottom :-

On 09/10/2015, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
> On Friday 09 October 2015 01:55 PM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there some tool to do phonetic indian language typing in Debian -
>> Hindi or/and Marathi ?
>>
>> I did see 'fcitx-table-malayalam-phonetic' for malyalam but nothing
>> for other languages, is there some way ?
>>

> There are many as seen from the screenshot. You have to install
> ibus-m17n, ibus-table and ibus-gtk3

Hi all,

I tried and was even able to install the phonetic one but am unable to
use them. Nothing comes on any of the applications, whether it is the
text-editor, the browser, nothing.

The preferences are at the default.

The only change I did was that I checked that the same input method
should be shared among all applications.

Also all the indic fonts are installed and specifically all the
fonts-deva are installed.

$ dpkg -l fonts-lohit-deva fonts-sahadeva fonts-nakula
fonts-deva-extra fonts-samyak-deva
||/ Name                            Version              Architecture
       Description
+++-===============================-====================-====================-====================================================================
ii  fonts-deva-extra                3.0-3                all
       Free fonts for Devanagari script
ii  fonts-lohit-deva                2.5.3-1              all
       Lohit TrueType font for Devanagari script
ii  fonts-nakula                    1.0-3                all
       Free Unicode compliant Devanagari font
ii  fonts-sahadeva                  1.0-3                all
       Free Unicode compliant Devanagari font
ii  fonts-samyak-deva               1.2.2-4              all
       Samyak TrueType font for Devanagari script

The only change or thing is I am using it in mate instead of GNOME so
there is possibility that there may be something which is missing in
mate because of which I am unable to use it.

Any ideas gentlemen ?