documents for a key signing (Re: April Mumbai Debian Users Group Meetup)

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 02:39:31PM +0530, Faheem Mitha wrote:

Hi,

Can somone review what I need to do to get my key signed? I don't have a working laptop, so will be restricted to paper.

I currently only have one Debian-related key on my keychain, that of Praveen the Pirate.

I don't know if I will be able to make the Meetup, but I'll try. After all, Debian does not release every day.

Should I make sure to have my key on some keyserver? If so, which one is recommended?

I am also unable to make it, but I can sign your key (I'm in the Debian keyring). I work at IITB, so you can drop by any day. I just need some recognizable identitfication.

Thanks, Kumar. I'll try to coordinate with you at some point. I live in South Mumbai. Do you ever come in that direction?

Can someone tell me what document(s) I need for a key signing? Would a PAN card be enough? I have a recently renewed passport, but I would prefer not to carry that around unless absolutely necessary. It was a nightmare to get.

                                                           Regards, Faheem