Re: Invitation to Jaldhar H.Vyas to minidebconf 2014 at Kollam,Kerala on 17th and 18th October.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014, shirish शिरीष wrote:

at bottom :-

On 8/19/14, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org> wrote:
For Indian consulate purposes, could you send me a PDF of the invitation
on an "official" letterhead.  (I don't think the bureaucracy cares
if an organization legally exists or not as long as it looks legitimate.
I can design you a letterhead in gimp if you like :-)

/me scratches the head.

As far as designing the letterhead is concerned +1 to that. The
head-scratching part is where should debian-in be located as it's a
Pan-India organization (or rather would like to be).

I live in Pune, while Praveen and Kartik are in mumbai, we have few
people in Karanataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.

If somebody or an institution is willing to be temporary headquarters
of debian-in we can go ahead with that.

Perhaps the university can be the sponsoring organization if the conference is being held under its auspices? But if you are collecting sponsorship money or goods this should be addressed soon rather than later as if India is anything like USA there could be tax implications or liabilities.

The foss.in people were very well organized and knowledgable in these matters. Perhaps you could consult one of them?

But as for now, I think it would be sufficient to write Debian.in and the conference venue as the address. I doubt anyone will check too closely.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>