Re: Doubts/suggestions with event organization(MiniDebConf '14)

Yes it should be debian centric, because we talked with DPL told him
Debian will benefit from this and now making theme as something else
than Debian is not agreeable. Either don't use fund from Debian and name
miniDebconf or make it more and more Debian specific.

It is not possible to expect one or two persons to talk only about Debian and insist on it. The more debian community participate and talk about their work, it is natural the focus will be on debian. It has be to done by making an effort to get more of debian community to participate, not by putting more restrictions on people who are already making an effort to reach out and bring more people.

We don't have a big debian community here, and even with the community we have, how many really want to reach out to more and participate in the events like this?

If people are more interested in telling what others should do and restrict them, it is not going to scale.

Vasudev, are you going to present something? Are you going to make an effort to bring more debian community participate?