Re: irc meeting summary

> If the prior discussion you are referring to is the one with me, then I
> quite appreciate Javascript-based validation, as long as it is optional.
>
> The Perl CGI script I shared uses CGI::FormBuilder, a library which
> takes care of both client- and server-side validation.

Server-side validation is pretty easy to implement. I think I can do it with PHP itself. Anyway, will checkout that Perl CGI Script.

> To avoid bloat use specific-purpose javascript - avoid jQuery!
>
> Here is a datepicker: https://code.google.com/p/datepickr/

Cool. Will try that out today. But, if the designers decide to use bootstrap or something similar, we may need jQuery there. All I want is date in dd/mm/yyyy format. :)

Balasankar C
http://balasankarc.in

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott