DebUtsav Pune 2014 at Imperial College Wagholi and DebConf India 2017

Hi,

We've been to Imperial College of Engineering in Pune for a 2 day
workshop on Free Software. My notes here https://poddery.com/posts/1349028

When we told we are organizing debutsav in various colleges across the
country to introduce debian to more students and bring more contributors
to debian, their computer science head, Suryakanth Patil immediately
suggested we could host one in their campus. We are tentatively looking
at 26, 27 of this month (September) for this event. We are yet to
confirm it, we'll announce it here once we get confirmation from the
college.

Raju will be meeting their HOD tomorrow and hopefully we can finalize
things soon.

We need to adjust our site to be able to easily add more venues and more
years. Any volunteers welcome. Registration form should also be able to
handle it.

We also had a small meetup with Kumar Sukhani and Abhishek
Bhattacharjee, both of them google summer of code students with debian
and attended debconf in Portland, Oregon. Akshat, Manish, Raju and
shirish were present in the meeting. They were interested to host a
DebConf in India.

We wanted to build a good team before we think about a debconf in India.
So we have decided to host as many debutsav/mindebconf in various places
and keep adding interested people to the team. Once we are confident
about the team, we'll bid for DebConf, possibly in 2017.

Let's know if you want to be in the team or share any other ideas you have.