Re: changes that would have to be done if we are changing the name from mini-debconf to FOSSMeet or something else

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 1:06 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
There would be a few changes that would need to be done if we are
changing the name from mini-debconf to  FOSSMeet or whatever else.

a. Decide on the new name and fast.
I've mailed on a different thread and am waiting for responses to the same.

b. Let go of the in.2014 minidebconf domain and buy a new one and if
that's not available get one which is cheap and buy it for 2-3 years
so we can use and re-use it whenever we want to do an event.
c. I have no idea if it will be a good idea then to use debian's
hosting space as well as people may also object to that. If that is
the case, we may need to buy or get/use somebody's  else's web-space.
d. Make sure that every web-page where this is mention of mini-debconf
is replaced by the new name.
We could still go ahead with the MiniDebConf tag, I'd however, like I mentioned in my other mail, like to know how many speakers are actually willing to come all the way to Kerala to talk on stuff that is strictly Debian. If we have good numbers and quantity to match that, it's clear flag from the university side.

These are things on top of my mind, we need to take the host
institution's suggestions also at this juncture. Have mailed
Aishwarya, most probably tomorrow she would be able to share their
viewpoints.
Yes, we'll know more and I expect things to move faster now that the exams are done with. Phew ! :D

Cheers.
R.Harish Navnit
The Enigma