Re: jessie, GNOME 3.8, gnome-fallback and systemd

On 21:53 Tue 22 Jan     , shirish शिरीष wrote:
> >From what I understand is have some sort of functionality in the init
> systems so things can continue to work without systemd intervention.
> At least that seems to be the idea.

If what I think is right what he meant is since Gnome is by default
integrating with systemd performance of Gnome with other init systems
like current SysV will be degrading so if people want Gnome to be
working on other flavours of Debian mainly kFreeBSD and Hurd they need
to help in doing that.

But having some systemd components is inevitable because of
recommends. And this has already happened on my system I've couple of
systemd components installed because they were dependencies of some
d-bus or other required package

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info