Re: What activities do you want to take up in NITC Calicut minidebconf.

> If Vipin is setting up the mirror for packaing classes then he is
> doing right by setting up sid mirror because packages are built
> against sid and not testing.

It was planned considering both the session and long term usage :)

> But if mirror is for long term use I agree with Shirish on having
> testing mirror because once freeze is over unstable will be in fast
> track mode and you will require huge bandwidth to maintain  it.

Bandwidth isn't much of an issue at college. We once had a private Sid
mirror for about 4 of us ;) We couldn't make it available for the
entire campus network at that time and also we had to give up the
server that we had. Now we are trying to make it available for the
long term. Also, we have local Ubuntu and Fedora mirror running though
the Fedora one is not maintained/used any more. I am trying to replace
it with the Sid mirror. Need to do some running around for
permissions, but I think getting this up wouldn't be much of an issue.

Vipin Nair
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
http://github.com/swvist