Re: Welcome to the FOSS India IRC Network.

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 9:34 AM, pavithran <pavithran.s@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17 June 2011 05:33, Vivek Varghese Cherian <vivekcherian@gmail.com> wrote:
> The FOSS India Internet Relay Chat Network (irc.foss-india.org) is a
> communications network for friends,well wishers and community members
> of the Free Culture and Free/Open Source Movement in India. Come join
> us and have a wonderful and intellectually rewarding chat experience.

OFTC would well serve the purpose but I am thinking that channel ops
and moderation would be more simple here ?

Regards,
Pavithran

The technical specs of the IRC Server is as follows,

-!- - -------- Server Specs ---------------------------------------------
[*] Charybdis-3.3.0+ssl
[*] Listening on ports: 6665 - 6669
[*] SSL Clients on ports: 6697 & 9999
[*] Channel mode +S to allow only SSL users

- -------- Services -------------------------------------------------
[*]atheme-services-6.0.6

[*] Chanserv                          [*] Nickserv
[*] Memoserv                         [*] Hostserv

The idea is to have a small & friendly, independent,
secure IRC Network for Free Culture and FOSS
Movements in India.

The server supports SSL and SASL and channel registrations
is much simpler than other irc services like Hybserv.

User cloaks are available as per FOSS Project affiliations using
Hostserv.

Vivek Varghese Cherian (विवेक वर्गीस चेरियान)
Senior System Administrator
RHCSA #100-173-327
Member of USENIX,SAGE,LOPSA,EFF, FSF Associate.
Website : http://www.vivekcherian.com
Blog: http://www.vivekcherian.net
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vivekvc
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vivek.v.cherian

IRC: Vivek and ViveKVC on both Freenode and OFTC
GPG Key fingerprint = 1EB1 0647 9574 18A3 40B5  8D74 F842 576B 3C2B 8538