Re: Debian BoF/Debian corner in Gnunify.in ?

In-line :-

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 13:05, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Shirish,

Hi Joachim,
          Sorry for not answering earlier. I have subscribed to the
group but had kept delivery off (as it is I have too much mail)  and
there may be conversations which I'm not aware of.

> Am Montag, den 10.01.2011, 21:57 +0530 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
>> > Note for Joachim :- Joachim, welcome to India. I read your post as
>> > well as mail and was curious especially with your keysign rank of
>> > lvl34 which you said. If its anything like the levels one gets in RPG
>> > then pretty cool.
>>
>> actually, with this ranking, lower level is good :-). But don’t take
>> this ranking too serious, it is more of a game.

cool.

>> Thanks for pointing out the GNUify.in event; sounds like something I
>> should not miss, being close¹ to Pune at the moment. Are you part of the
>> organizing team?

Not at all. The organization is done by Symbiois . I sorta pitch in
now and then but that's about it. Its all their baby.

>> There is a FOSS related group at IIT Bombay, http://fossee.in/, I’ll ask
>> them if anyone of that group is going, otherwise I’ll try to make it on
>> my own.

Cool.

>> I could probably also contribute. At IITB, I promised to give a Haskell
>> introduction, I might hold that as well. Or something about Debian – I’m
>> open for discussions.

Put it up. Frankly I am no developer so wouldn't really know what
would be good for having debian. Right from showing off the new
installer (which I could do) to something more sophisticated but
that's your call.

There is also a possibility of BoF that you could think of.

>> Have you considered doing a keysigning party?

Hmm.... that is good idea, unfortunately a desktop user here - me.

> I noticed that the CFP is open now and I submitted an Haskell talk. If
> you or some other organizers have other wishes for talk or workshops,
> just ask me.

Its not just me, it has to be what the debian community in India and
those who will be there in GNUnify.in have to think or share about.

One of the possibilities could be perhaps to talk/share about some of
the packages which are in Debian and are not so much known (either
because they serve niche purposes or they are just not well-known ?)

For e.g. I enjoy/love BOINC and have been a BOINC user for the last
2-3 years. Now that wouldn't be Debian but it is part of the Debian
package repository and something like volunteer passive computing that
many people could take up. There are 8000 of us in India but its still
a miniscule number as what could be .

Just few ideas of top of my head.

I will send you my contact details in a seperate mail in case if you
feel like talking on the phone, figuring something out etc.

> For example at CeBIT 2010, I held a talk about how to properly submit
> patches to upstream (what is a patch, how to create one, some hints and
> rules about submitting it):
> http://www.techcast.com/events/cebit10/mi07-breitner/ (it’s German
> though)
> Greetings,
> Joachim
>

> Greetings,
> Joachim
>
> --
> Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
> Debian Developer
>  nomeata@debian.org | ICQ# 74513189 | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C
>  JID: nomeata@joachim-breitner.de | http://people.debian.org/~nomeata

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17