Does anybody know of a good mirror for debian stuff ?

Hi all,
 As of date there doesn't seem to a decent debian mirror in India. I
was looking/surfing at http://www.debian.org/mirror/official and there
isn't an Indian mirror listed there.

I do know that there are few mirrors in India but have no idea about
how good are they as in bandwidth and load-taking capacity. I am also
unaware if something is being done in this regard or not ?

Also does Govt. of India have some policy on getting bandwidth and
such mirrors up, running and footing the bill for their maintenance
figure in their policy?

I want to start kick this off now so hopefully some ideas could be had
and hopefully in the near future I could do a $ jigdo-lite , give some
local mirror's name with the .jigdo and .template files and have an
image at my end in less than an hour. That's the dream atleast.

Looking forward to any news and any possible pointers on above.

Please CC me in case somebody takes this forward as I'm not
subscribing to the list (yet).
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17