Re: Pondering sunsetting the Jenkins CI and repo for dpkg

Hi!

On Thu, 2024-03-14 at 00:19:09 +0100, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
> Le sam. 9 mars 2024 à 18:29, Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> a écrit :
> > The grml.org project has been hosting Jenkins jobs for dpkg for a long
> > time now, as the very initial CI we had. The jobs also generate a repo
> > so that people can run the latest code from git main, with the
> > following apt config:
> >
> >   deb https://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main
> >
> > Due to security issues in Jenkins or continuous attacks (AFAIR/AFAIUI)
> > its web interface at https://jenkins.grml.org/ has been firewalled, so
> > it now becomes a bit cumbersome to diagnose issues that happen there
> > w/o having to bother someone.
> >
> > I've talked about this briefly with Mika, and I while I hugely appreciate
> > the service that has been provided over the years (thanks Mika!), I'm
> > thinking it's probably time to permanently disable it (I did this the
> > other day as a temporary measure to stop spamming the list) given the
> > availability of more self-service CI systems that do not require
> > burdening other people, such as the one currently used from salsa (or
> > perhaps one from codeberg). I think the main blocker might be whether
> > anyone is still using that repo?
> >
> > If so, I guess we could generate one from the salsa CI too? Otherwise
> > I'll probably consider permanently disabling the Jenkins triggers from
> > the dpkg.org side and ask Mika to remove the Jenkins jobs and clean up
> > that repo. Objections?

> Nobody did answered.

Besides you that is. :)

> I could have used "deb https://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main"
> but it seems a lot of work to maintain compared to my little use.

So, Mika, I guess it's time to disable and remove the jobs from Jenkins?
Unless perhaps there are stats showing lots of usage for that repo (which
I'd doubt)? Although I don't think this is urgent at all.

Thanks,
Guillem