Re: [dpkg 1.22.0] testsuite: 43 44 45 46 47 failed

Hi!

On Mon, 2024-02-26 at 14:33:59 -0800, Ethan Adams wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2024, at 10:36 PM, Ethan Adams <eadams@netflix.com> wrote:
> > Attached is failing test suite (run as a part of debuild). Please let
> > me know if there is further information I can provide.

> > <testsuite.log>

Unfortunately the mailing list never received your previous message:

  <https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2024/02/threads.html>

Perhaps the attached log file is triggering some spam filters or going
over some size limit. Feel free to send it directly to me.

> Just wanted to follow up as I was able to make some progress on this
> issue. While I don’t entirely understand the context, it seems that
> this issue is related to building on Minimal Ubuntu. The failing test
> cases begin to pass after `unminimize`ing the OS in my case.

W/o the needed context, from what you say above, I'd assume the system
you are building on probably lacks some of the needed dependencies. If
so then perhaps the messages could be improved to make that more clear.
But perhaps the issue is something else, let's see from the log. :)

Thanks,
Guillem