Re: Next upload 2024-01-19 (dpkg 1.22.3)

Thanks for the Cc.

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 11:13:17PM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> [ Steve CCed for the time64 transition entanglement. ]

> Hi!

> There are a couple of transitions that might get entangled, so I want
> to flush these in order to avoid blocking others.

> I've got several changes which I'll be pushing out today to git,
> including the canonicalization of s-s-d into /usr. I also had an
> intrusive refactoring change to the dpkg-buildpackage machinery,
> but I'm thinking I'll postpone this for now to avoid any potential
> fallout in the middle of other things.

> For the canonicalization change, even though I think the change looks
> safe, my idea was to go through experimental anyway, with an upload
> tomorrow, wait the 3 days of rigour, then upload to unstable.

> That would mean that the time64 change could then be uploaded to
> experimental not before Monday or Tuesday next week, whenever that
> gets a slot by the release team. I hope that's not an issue?

I think it's unrealistic at this point to expect the uploads to start before
Monday of next week.  Friday might actually be more realistic based on
timelines and availability on my side.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/