Re: booststrapping /usr-merged systems (was: Re: DEP 17: Improve support for directory aliasing in dpkg)

Quoting Marco d'Itri (2023-06-09 09:41:43)
> On Jun 08, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > And creating the required symlinks would be done by those (standalone)
> > maintainer scripts...
> >
> > I don't know if we already have some rule/invariant in the configuration
> > order of the unpacked packages, but I doubt so.
> Indeed, this would be very simple and it has already been proposed.
> But somebody then complained that special-casing a package would violate
> the design contraints he self-imposed to his own image building tool,
> and as we all know every Debian maintainer can veto any systemic changes that
> they do not like.

I definitely complained about special-casing a package because it would violate
the design contract for my own image building tool. You would not by any chance
be talking about me in your last message, would you?

Anyway, great communication style. This will totally help bringing us all
together to create a great operating system. Very productive. I already feel a
lot more motivated to discuss technical matters with you.

Now who do I have to talk to in case I'd really like to veto something?

Thanks!

cheers, josch