Re: Is possible to avoid removal of certain files on package removal/purge?

Hi Lorenzo,

Quoting Lorenzo (2023-06-06 19:07:41)
> is there a way to mark a file shipped by a package so that dpkg does not
> remove it on package removal or purge?  I need to test for and read from
> files that are shipped by one of my packages in postrm script, but the files
> are already gone at that stage..

this list is for the development of dpkg itself and not about packaging
questions. You can ask the debian-mentors list or irc channel for packaging
related questions.

I can also try to answer your questions privately off list, but in any case I
think this sounds like an XY-question where you actually want to do something
else than you are asking about. Please give more context for a better answer
like:

 - which package is this about?
 - why do you need the files kept?
 - why are you not using a prerm maintainer script?

Thanks!

cheers, josch