Re: In Debian Bullseye dpkg-dep returns empty output if showformat is any virtual source field

Hi!

Thanks for the report!

On Tue, 2022-01-25 at 10:17:31 +0300, Uladzimir Bely wrote:
> Package: dpkg
> Version: 1.20.9
> Severity: bug

Bug reports should be directed to submit@bugs.debian.org, or you could
use reportbug which should manage all this for you.

(I'll probably file a report out of this later today.)

> In Debian Bullseye dpkg-deb returns nothing when asked for some 'source:*'
> field, even if .deb file provides the package that is already installed.
>
> At the same time, dpkg-query output is OK.

It looks like this is a regression from the fix for #972580. I'll fix
this a queue it for the next unstable and stable versions.

Thanks,
Guillem