Re: Unclear new string

Hi!

On Tue, 2021-11-23 at 18:16:30 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> while updating the translation of the man pages, I stumbled over one
> sentence I could not make sense of:
>
> "The file mode check failed (since dpkg 1.21.0).  This check currently
> only applies to regular files that have a known digest, and on the
> filesystem are not regular files."
>
> The part after the "and" is unclear. A filesystem without regular
> files?

Hmm, right when writing that I did pause for a bit thinking whether it
was clear or not, but I guess my bias tricked me. :) Let me retry:

  The file mode check failed (since dpkg 1.21.0).  This check currently
  only applies to pathnames that have a known digest and are not regular
  files on the filesystem.

If that helps, I'll update git with it.

Thanks,
Guillem