Re: xournal FTBFS: wrongly declared R³

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:49:46 +0200 Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de> wrote:
> Source: xournal
> Version: 1:0.4.8.2016-6
> Severity: serious
> Tags: ftbfs
>
> xournal fails to build from source on buildds, because it wrongly
> declares that it doesn't need root while in fact it does issue
> dh_testroot. Dropping the R³ line from control should fix that.
>
> Helmut

Rather, I suspect the issue is that Rules-Requires-Root is set to "No"
rather than "no".  AFAICT, only "no" has been defined and it is
interpreted case sensitively.

Presumably, this could also be fixed by using the correct case for "no".

@Guillem/Dpkg Maintainers: Should we provide stricter validation for
this to stop this at dpkg-source build time ?

~Niels