Re: [RFC] Proposal for new source format

Hi Bastian,

thanks for this proposal,

On 10/22/19 5:22 AM, Bastian Blank wrote:
> During the tag2upload discussion, I think it got clear that it does not
> fit anywhere.  And my standing is, that we can't implement such a
> service properly without some core changes to how our sources look like.

A few years back, I was building OpenStack packages on each push to the
repository. I was using Jenkins, I still do, but I've stopped doing
this, because Jenkins is too insecure to leave it opened to the world.
Though, I didn't need a new source package to implement this. I just
needed Git, and a bit of scripting.

All that to say: I really fail to understand why you think we need a new
source package format to implement tag2upload. Could you explain further?

I also fail to understand the current limitations that you're trying to
lift, and what issue you're trying to solve.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)