symlink-to-dir

Hi,

is there any additional documentation about this helper script other than the
manpage? Something's wrong in my usage, but I don't know what.

Here's what I'm looking at:

Current version:
Direcory B and Symlinks C and M pointing to B.

New version:
Directories C and M with some files inside linked from one to the other. B does
not exist anymore.

What I do is:
symlink_to_dir C B version
symlink_to_dir M B version

But apparently something missing because on installation I get:
dpkg: warning: unable to delete old directory 'B': Directory not empty
And indeed all files in B are still there.

Any hint on how to fix this, or where to read how to do this, would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael
--