Re: RFC: Support for zstd in .deb packages?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 07:02:12AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> (And BTW I do not consider the current support in Ubuntu a deciding
> factor in any way, while it could perhaps fragment the .deb ecosystem,
> that's something for them to deal with IMO; should really start adding
> the vendor to the generated .deb's. :)

FWIW I'm going to be very reluctant to add support to Launchpad until
and unless it's supported in Debian, for exactly the reasons of
fragmentation, compatibility, etc.  I said as much in
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2018-March/040222.html
too.

(Without support in Launchpad, the format isn't going to be widespread
in Ubuntu.)