Re: Repository switch over to Salsa?

Hi!

On Sat, 2018-02-03 at 19:11:42 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> are you (when?) switching over to salsa?

I'm still not sure yet. I started a wiki page with some of my concerns
at <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/AliothEscape>, I should update
it because some things have been fixed meanwhile.

At least salsa.d.o would keep hosting a mirror, but I'm not sure whether
to make it the canonical hosting.

> Are you reestablishing commit access as it is currently?

This is also something I'm not entirely sure about. One problem I've
had in the past is when preparing releases, if someone pushes then it
invalidates the current release process, which is annoying. Also
something I think I agree with the APT team, which they kind of
decided as policy recently with the switch to salsa is that if the
committers are not following very closely the project (so both mailing
lists and IRC), it makes it more difficult to coordinate or be on top
of what's going on.

What I've been pondering about is whether switching to a merge-request
based workflow for translations, or perhaps even a switch to weblate
might work better for everyone?

Thanks,
Guillem