Re: debian/upstream/signing-key.asc in policy 4.1.0

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 09:27:25AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:
> > The updated uscan will support debian/upstream/signing-key.asc only and
> > internally convert it <tmpdir>/signing-key.gpg.  I will make uscan to
> > convert other formats to this policy compliant *.asc.  Also make noise
> > to the maintainer to push them to policy 4.1.0
>
> Note that this Policy language is carefully written to make it perfectly
> fine for uscan to support all the things it currently supports, since it
> only talks about what Policy recommends the maintainer does.  So don't
> feel any obligation to change what uscan is doing on Policy's account
> here.

Maybe I should have been a bit careful with my words:

The updated uscan will support debian/upstream/signing-key.asc only as
the recommended keyring.  It will accept other historic keyrings but
also internally converts them to <tmpdir>/signing-key.gpg to guide
people to the new recommended format with some reminder noise.

> That said, as discussed elsewhere, I'm a huge fan of there being only one
> way to do something like this, with some easy tools to convert other
> methods into that one method.  It reduces everyone's cognitive load in the
> future.

Yes.

Osamu