dpkg 1.8.11 and above buggy ?

Hi all,

I filed today #844701 . Because I don't know or understand dpkg
internals hence I put the severity as normal . Could somebody follow
it up and look at what might be causing the odd behaviour as I shared
therein ?

Due to the above issue, I am currently running dpkg 1.8.10 which
continues to function normally (taken from snapshot.debian.org.)

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल