dpkg-deb silently fails?

Hi,

I haven't filed a bug for this yet because I'm only secondarily involved,
but if you look at the build log
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ceph&arch=mipsel&ver=0.80.11-1&stamp=1453099724
it appears that ceph-test-dbg got silently invalidly generated. I'm unsure
the condition of the buildd was at the time of the build, and if a
filesystem was full.

I'd have thought that the build shouldn't succeed under these circumstances,
and the most obvious way for that to happen would be for dpkg-deb --build to
fail.

What are your thoughts on this? Should I file a bug with the information I
have? My understanding is this isn't the only package that ended up in this
state (the other one may also have been built on the same buildd).

regards

Andrew