Re: Problems with the PTS and Dpkg (404 pages)

Hi!

On Sun, 2015-10-11 at 10:42:59 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> when trying to explain some fellow translator about Dpkg I noticed
> that the PTS seems to have some troubles with Dpkg:
>
> 1. When selecting »Package Tracking System« on
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=Dpkg;dist=unstable I
> get a »404 File not found« (and no, Dpkg does still exist ;-)). The
> link is to http://packages.qa.debian.org/Dpkg while the correct link
> uses a lower case »d«, i.e. http://packages.qa.debian.org/dpkg

Right, while the BTS seems to be case-insensitive, the PTS is not
and when confronted with “Dpkg” instead of “dpkg” it fails to find
the package. This is due to the BTS being a CGI and the PTS being
static pages, which would imply having duplicated pages for all case
convinations. You might perhaps want to file a bug on the BTS to
either not accept bad case package names or to normalize the outbound
links because other services might not accept bad case names.

> 2. Similarly, once on http://packages.qa.debian.org/dpkg if I select
> »Git« I get again a 404. The link points to
> https://packages.qa.debian.org/d/git://anonscm.debian.org/dpkg/dpkg.git
>
> If that matters, I use »links« on the console.

Yeah, it seems to matter, elinks has the same problem, but lynx and w3m
seem to handle it better. So it seems to be a browser problam that does
not understand that git:// is a valid URL protocol. You might want to

Thanks,
Guillem