Re: Preliminary review of dpkg-genbuildinfo

Jérémy Bobbio:
> > > +foreach my $file (sort $dist->get_files()) {
> >
> > Why the sort, the function is supposed to preserve the same insertion
> > order.
>
> Now I think I remember what was happening. In case of parallel builds,
> it might be possible that files get added to debian/files in different
> orders. […]

Now this happened again on vim. The order of files in the .changes is
not stable:
https://reproducible.debian.net/dbd/unstable/amd64/vim_7.4.712-1.debbindiff.html

The full build log is available at:
https://jenkins.debian.net/job/reproducible_builder_zeta/6733/consoleText

The build order in the log is identical though:
dpkg-deb: building package 'pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy' dpkg-deb: building package 'pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-tiny'                      dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-tiny'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-nox'                       dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-nox'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-athena'                    dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-athena'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gtk'                       dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gtk'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gnome'                     dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gnome'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-common'                    dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-common'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim'                           dpkg-deb: building package 'vim'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gui-common'                dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-gui-common'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-runtime'                   dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-runtime'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-doc'                       dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-doc'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-lesstif'                   dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-lesstif'
dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-dbg'                       dpkg-deb: building package 'vim-dbg'

Any idea why files in the .changes gets written in a different order?
(the .buildinfo is fine)

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism