Re: When debian/ is symbolic link

* Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org> [2015-01-18 16:51:01+0100]
> > Is there a legitimate use case for this?  The error is that dpkg-source
> > can't create a source package because debian/ is a symlink, which seems
> > valid to me.
>
> Yes, that would be #593710, you need to use an actual directory and
> not a symlink to one.

I took a look on bug, but it is not clear to me, whether is considered
problem. To me, it would me useful to have debian/ directories separate,
to simplify monitoring what is going on (unpushed changed, unpulled
changes, new upstream releases).

> I belive, main point is this line:
> I'll be improving the error message for this, as it seems to be
> confusing.

Either way, it would be great to make this limitaion explicit in error
message.

--
Best regards, Dmitry Bogatov <KAction@gnu.org>,
Free Software supporter, esperantisto and netiquette guardian.