Re: preinst: get new pkg version to check for downgrade

> Well as mentioned above you (almost?) never need to know the new
> version, only the old one. What would you need to do only on all
> downgrades, that you would not do also on all upgrades?
>
> I guess I'm not seeing the use here.

We change database schema from time to time. We do this with scripts,
in a way similar to dbconfig-common (but it turned out to be buggy so
we made our solution from scratch). It is too hard to support
downgrading, so we need to avoid that.

--
Andrey Utkin