Re: ETA for string freeze / upload planning? (especially for L10n teams)

Hi!

On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 20:25:33 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> yesterday quite a few changed / added strings were added to the master
> repository.
>
> Since the Freeze is quickly approaching I wanted to ask when the
> strings stabilize, i.e. translation teams (which might require some
> time for review!) should start working on the updates.

As I mentioned in
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2014/05/msg00010.html>, in
principle I should have stopped doing mass string changes two months
before the freeze. I'm not aware of any such change that might have
slipped into 1.17.14, but maybe I missed some. Supposedly the string
changes there were for new features and similar.

The string freeze would still be two weeks before the freeze, but I
realize it might be too tight? Because dpkg will require 10 days
before the freeze to migrate, hmmm.

> Also is there a plan for future uploads (before the Freeze). IIRC, the
> last possible date would be around October 25th.

Probably some more, but if there's any string change, it should be
pretty targetted and specific. No general text rewrites and similar,
or string cleanups.

I guess, I'll be preparing a CfT soon, so that translators do have
time to get ready, even if few more strings might change during the
coming 1/2 weeks.

Thanks,
Guillem