Re: [Multiarch-devel] cross-architecture conflicts or equivalent for libc packages

Hi,

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > Alternatively, we can create an empty package called for example
> > multiarch-no-foreign, which is arch:any and Multi-arch: none. That way
> > all packages which should not be installed as foreign architecture can
> > depend on this one.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Well it won't work, because installing libc6-amd64:i386 will pull
> multiarch-no-foreign:i386, and thus the whole set will be installable.

This can be solved by ensuring that it's installed in sync with dpkg, eg
by letting dpkg depends on multiarch-no-foreign, no?

This would be a supplementary hassle to cross-grade a system from one arch
to another though.

Or maybe we don't need the dependency but we can just get it installed
during debootstrap?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/