Re: "Build" failure of dpkg (for translation)

Hi!

On Sun, 2014-04-27 at 21:28:37 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> as git HEAD has changed, I wanted to check for updates requiring
> translations, however, the "build" fails with:
>
> checking whether gcc accepts -Wstrict-prototypes... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -Wmissing-prototypes... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -Wold-style-definition... yes
> checking whether g++ -std=gnu++11 accepts -Wc++11-compat... yes
> checking whether g++ -std=gnu++11 accepts
> -Wzero-as-null-pointer-constant... yes
> checking dpkg cpu type... amd64
> checking dpkg operating system type... linux
> checking dpkg architecture name... amd64
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: `Makefile.in'
>
> The commands issued are (as for the last years):
> git clean -d -X -f
> autoreconf -f -i
> ./configure

W/o more context, I'd venture to say that automake (from the
autoreconf call) failed, and you run configure after that. I'm guessing
you are running on a system with automake 1.11? Which would be the
reason it cannot find the tap-driver.pl file.

> (This seems to be different from the Jenkins error message posted
> earlier).

It might actually be the same issue. I'll be fixing this in master so
to not require automake 1.12.

Thanks,
Guillem