Re: xattrs support

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 12:12 +0400, Dmitry Falko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a question on support xattrs in dpkg-dep. As far as I know in
> version 1.27.1 (Ubuntu 14.04) supports the creation of tar archives
> preserving extended attributes, perhaps it makes sense to add ability to
> create packages containing files with extended attributes. May be
> special options?

I'm very interested in having xattrs included in deb packages.  Which
xattrs in particular are you interested in?  Part of the problem is that
fake-root creates the directory structure, but wouldn't be able to copy
the security xattrs. Reading security xattrs is permitted, but writing
security xattrs requires privilege.

Mimi