Re: --events-fd, deb822 format (Re: [patch] always send the full name on the --status-fd)

2013-11-08 18:10, Guillem Jover:
> I forgot to mention that given that the messages are currently
> localized, it might make sense to use Message-L10n or similar to make
> that clear, and to possibly allow non-localized messages in the future.
> OTOH I think apt is currently interested in the non-localized messages
> only to be able to filter some of them, so maybe doing that would be
> trying to fix the wrong thing?

Yeah, it might be useful to have both localized and non-localized ones
if it's easy to do. For example, if I want to show all errors to users
but filter some for package manager purposes.

> > b) to specify the format of <package-name> (an example suggests it would
> > be always fully qualified "package:architecture", but explicitly saying
> > this would be nice);
>
> Also forgot to mention this on my previous mail. Would you prefer
> having it arch-qualified or the information properly split into
> another Architecture field?

A separate 'Architecture' field is my slight preference in a spirit of
deb822 format, but either sounds fine.

> Eugene (and the others too), any more information you think might make
> your life easier? Either new events or fields?

Nothing more from me right now I guess, this already sounds like a good
step forward. Just a plug on making life easier, some resolved wishlist
items from other areas would be also great :P

C++ GNU/Linux userspace developer, Debian Developer