Re: build profile syntax ideas

Hi Guillem,

Quoting Guillem Jover (2013-10-21 07:31:23)
> Sorry, I lost track of this, was meaning to get into this but got pulled into
> something else. I've added it now to my TODO list for stuff do deal with
> before 1.17.2 (a release I don't really want to drag much more than a week or
> two at most).

do you need any help, for example by refining any of the patches that we have
submitted?

> Anyway, I've to say that I've found the overall tone in the thread in
> debian-devel pretty unpleasant. Lots of things in dpkg might “block” someone
> from doing something or might make it more difficult, and those things might
> be “critical” for small parts of the project and completely irrelevant for
> the rest.

I want to apologize if I was at any point using an improper tone in my
communication with you. It is just frustrating for me to have spent so much
energy on the bootstrappable-Debian project during the past 1.5 years and not
seeing it go anywhere due to no decision being made. This influenced my
language and I hope you can accept my apology for any harm that was done.

> Also having every second mail add a slightly different proposal means one has
> to reset their mental model every time and reconsider any new global
> implications and similar, which might not help either.

True, and each of us has contributed to this mess of now about five (?)
different ways of implementing having a different set of build dependencies for
bootstrapping purposes. It became like deciding for the color of the bikeshed
during the last few iterations so I'll be happy with whatever decision you make
as to which proposal to pick.

Thanks a lot for your work.

cheers, josch