Problem with dpkg-query -l and UTF-8 in descriptions

Hi,

I just saw this on my system where the package cpputest is installed:

$ LANG=C dpkg -l >/dev/null
dpkg-query: error: cannot convert multibyte sequence '— main package
 CppUTest is a C/C++ based unit xUnit test framework for unit testing and
 for test-driving your code. It is written in C++ but is used in C and C++
 projects and frequently used in embedded systems.
 .
 CppUTest has a couple design principles:
  * Simple to use and small
  * Portable to old and new platforms
 .
 CppUTest also has support for building mocks and can be used by
 practitioners of Test Driven Development.
 .
 This is the main package. It contains some examples, support scripts
 and depends on libcpputest-dev which provides the test framework
 itself.' to a wide character
$ echo $?
2

With a proper UTF-8 locale, I get no error. I believe this error to be
new (I'm running what's in git's master branch).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/