Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: Semi-private symbols

Hi!

[ Simon, you might want to check out your spam filters as I think I've
  seen them trigger more than once on mails you have sent recently. ]

On Wed, 2013-06-26 at 11:31:30 +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> In #712903, a symbol not intended as public is used by a dependent
> library. The symbol appears to be exported for the benefit of other
> libraries built from the same source, so it cannot be easily hidden, but
> I wonder whether it would make sense to have a mechanism that allows
> dpkg-shlibdeps to fail if a symbol is referenced from a package outside
> a certain set.
>
> Opinions?

Yeah, that would be #630344. I'll eventually get to it during the
1.17.x cycle, sooner rather than latter, if no one else has proposed
a solution and/or patch, as this is something that would prevent
unwanted "ABI breaks" and other issues.

Thanks,
Guillem