On code reviews

Hi!

Some time ago, there was talk about getting a code-review system in place for dpkg, but the discussion seemed to die out since no-one liked the systems available. That's also what happened at the company I work for, which is why we created our own system. The system is called Critic, and has now been open-sourced [1], and is something I can recommend, even if it does require using a web browser for the actual reviewing.

It works on top of Git, you push a branch to its repository, get a web link back where you can create a review and it assigns reviewers (with a shortcut for creating a single-commit review directly from git). If you need to fix something, you push to the review branch and the review is updated. Once you have an OK on everything, you can merge the change to the mainline. It can be configured to email you as much r as little as you wish.

See [2] for a link to a demo setup (set up to review its own codebase). Make sure you click the "Tutorial" link from the review to read the documentation.

[1] https://github.com/jensl/critic
[2] https://github.com/jensl/critic/issues/6
--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/