Re: dep-trace v. tsort (dpkg, source, bsd, reason)

> So I fail to see your point really.

Whoa there, tiger..

How did I end up on this thread? Is there a problem with one of the mp packages I maintain? (NB: for some value of maintain that consists mostly of putting my email on some packages on account of having authored them, then promptly forgetting about them).

I missed whatever preceded your reply, so i'm at a bit of a loss to make sense of this, especially how it'd involve Debian, or anything in the subject for that matter..  I don't remember my stuff having any serious dependencies, but this is macports of course, they quite possibly picked up x11, gtk, and 2 different versions of python with no effort on my part..  I kid! (mostly..)

Anyhow, if you need me to fix one of my packages please bring me up to speed and i will do so, or will at least kick it to someone who cares a bit more than I am likely to at the moment.

(also occurs to me this is flat out missent, in which case just remove me please, thanks..)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012, John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell wrote:
> Debian [easily] installs 850 pkgs at a time: each having
> dependencies.  Dependencies are resolved to to build the list: BUT
> the order to install / configure is un-ordered.

There is an order for the configuration since we ensure that dependencies
are satisfied during the postinst configure (except loops). If it fails
despite this, then it's a bug in the dependencies (or something entirely

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer