Re: dpkg behavior while changing a foreign package from arch:any to arch:all (and v.v.)

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 01:56:02 +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Sometimes packages change their arch from arch:any to arch:all (or v.v.).
> This used to be no problem for packages where any was the native arch and
> this is still the case, but if it is a foreign arch dpkg refuses to install
> the new arch:all version with the following error message:
> (assuming we are on amd64 and pkg-a:i386 was installed)

Yes, as discussed previously on the list this is a current defficiency
of the implementation. I've been reworking the code to support this as
part of the needed changes for the correct new package input on the
command line.

thanks,
guillem