Re: Multiarch interfaces: print foreign arches, pkgname I/O

Hi,

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-12-24 at 06:04:46 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 09:55:10 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > > [ pkgname I/O proposal ]
>
> So, any word from the frontend maintainers regarding this sub-thread?

Can you clarify what kind of feedback do you want?

You latest proposal in <20111228055815.GB24924@gaara.hadrons.org> already
solves the concern that "apt-get install pkgname" should keep installing
only the native version.

Now, the only real question is how should dpkg interpret "dpkg -r
pkgname", like pkgname:* or like pkgname:<installed> ?

But you did not comment on
<20111213094143.GC22720@rivendell.home.ouaza.com> or
<20111228075408.GF28490@rivendell.home.ouaza.com> ...

Honestly, we're so late that I don't want to argue over this for days,
so whatever you decide will be fine for me.

We have already identified the important point: squeeze's apt will not
arch-qualifiy native packages and dpkg must cope with this.

Now the remaining of the discussion is what to do with "pkgname" when
multiple instances of pkgname are installed, either fail because the input
is under-qualified or accept it and treat it like pkgname:*.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer