Re: Bug #583585 dpkg-maintscript-helper

Hi,

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012, Gianluca Ciccarelli wrote:
> >Good idea, what would be even better is to write immediately a
> >(non-regression) test-case to ensure that the code you wrote work as
> >expected and keeps doing it in the future.
>
> I'm trying to prepare the test case for my modifications to
> dpkg-maintscript-helper, but if I invoke the script with its name in the
> test's maintainer scripts, of course it invokes my system's version,
> which doesn't integrate the changes, and so the operation I want to test
> is not supported (that is, dpkg-maintscript-helper supports <my-op>
> returns with error).
>
> I thought to make a local "hack" by invoking the modified script in the
> source code. Is there a smarter way to do it?

You can modify the PATH (environment variable) to point first to the directory
with the modified script. But I usually just install the modified version
in the official place (either manually or with a test package).

sudo cp scripts/dpkg-maintscript-helper.sh /usr/bin/dpkg-maintscript-helper

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer