Re: Next upload 2011-09-11 (dpkg 1.16.1)

Hi,

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011, Guillem Jover wrote:
> It's been some time now since last upload (a busy summer for me with
> guests over during most of it!), and quite some changes have
> accumulated, so let's set as tentative target this next sunday for
> 1.16.1.

\o/

Thank you Guillem.

> I still have some changed to push, which I'll be doing during today,
> and a second push tomorrow or so, to give time for some more testing
> before the upload. I'll be going through remaining issues with the
> upload during the week too.

I'll also try to push today or tomorrow the code enabling hardening
build flags as Kees sent me his documentation patch.

It's also one of those things where the sooner it hits sid the best it is
because that way a larger number of packages will be recompiled with them.

> After that, most of the foundation should be in place to proceed with
> a multiarch enabled dpkg in 1.16.2.

It would be great if we could release 1.16.2 as 1.16.1 + just multiarch
and put it in experimental say next week. I expect to be updating the
multiarch branch soon after you push the buffer API changes.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)