Re: The trigger in your Debian packages

Hi Raphaël,

Le vendredi 03 juin 2011 à 10:24:23 (+0200 CEST), Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
[...]
> Please reply for the packages that you maintain to the question that
> concerns you:

I co-maintain unhide and unhide.rb which both activate rkhunter trigger,
which I also maintain.

> 1/ If your package uses the "interest" directive in the triggers files,
> is it important that the "triggering" packages that activate your triggers
> be considered as not configured (and thus not satisfying dependencies)
> until the trigger has been processed?
>
> 2/ If your package uses the "activate" directive, is it important that
> your package be considered as not configured (and thus not satisfying
> dependencies) until the trigger has been processed?

As far as I understand the change you are likely to introduce, this won't
have any impact on the above packages.

rkhunter updates its property database when the unhide and unhide.rb
packages are installed, and does only need the files are installed, it
doesn't care about the status of the dependencies.

My answer is hence "no" for these packages.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien@kirya.net> ~ <julien@debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor