Re: Bug#504880: Disambiguate "installed" for packages
- To: Jonathan Nieder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#504880: Disambiguate "installed" for packages
- From: Russ Allbery <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:08:39 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20110305083252.GI27906@rivendell.home.ouaza.com> (Raphael Hertzog's message of "Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:32:52 +0100")
- References: <20081107191318.GK10451@riva.ucam.org> <28484_1279650627_4C45EB42_28484_157_1_87eieyf1rn.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100804201608.GA9370@dario.dodds.net> <email@example.com> <20100816005044.GA11391@dario.dodds.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20110304235805.GA21515@elie> <20110305083252.GI27906@rivendell.home.ouaza.com>
Raphael Hertzog <email@example.com> writes:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2011, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
>> ) I suspect others like it, too, but who knows? Patch attached.
>> Seconds or objections welcome.
> Seconded. It's long and I might have missed some inaccuracies but I think
> it's an improvement in clarity.
With this and with Steve's earlier approval, I'm going to call this good
enough and merge this monster. We can definitely fix any problems that I
introduced later on after more people have had a chance to study it and
apply it to their packages.
Thank you, everyone, for all your reviews of this giant patch. I think it
will be a great first step towards making maintainer script state less
Russ Allbery (firstname.lastname@example.org) <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>