Call for tests: C rewrite of update-alternatives

Hi,

I just completed the C rewrite of update-alternatives. It passes the test
suite (which covers many use cases) but I would still like to have some
beta-testers before I push that to master.

So please test what's in my pu/u-a-c-rewritre branch and report back:
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/hertzog/dpkg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pu/u-a-c-rewrite
git://git.debian.org/~hertzog/dpkg.git

Code reviews are welcome too but note that the available functions
clearly map what was in the perl version and the available API is not
super-clean. In the longer term (post-squeeze) I intend to fix that so
that we can reuse that API within dpkg and fix bugs like #25759.

Thanks!

Raphaël Hertzog

Like what I do? Sponsor me: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/05/5-years-of-freexian/
My Debian goals: http://ouaza.com/wp/2010/01/09/debian-related-goals-for-2010/