Re: Review/Merge queue

Peter Krefting <peter@softwolves.pp.se> writes:
> Raphael Hertzog:

>> If you have suggestions or ideas, go ahead. This is a very basic
>> framework to organize code reviews, it can surely be extended.

> Or perhaps look at using a proper code review tool? Review Board -
> http://www.reviewboard.org/ - is quite OK, and does have support for
> handling patches against code in Git repositories.

I can also wholeheartedly recommend Gerrit, which has been an absolutely
transformative experience for the one project (OpenAFS) where I've been
involved in deploying it.  The rate of change increased by probably a
factor of three and new contributors have come out of the woodwork now
that they can propose a patch for review by just pushing it to a
particular Git repository.

At the moment, it has the serious drawback that it's not yet packaged for
Debian (and it's a Java application, so this is non-trivial).  I may have
the opportunity to have Stanford pay me to do that packaging work sometime
this summer, but I have a lot of other things on my plate so I'm not sure
that will happen.