strange effect on lenny but not on sid

Hi,

I'm trying to backport fglrx-driver for lenny with 2.6.32.bpo... and I'm
seeing an issue which I believe is related to dpkg:

When I rebuild
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20100228T163620Z/pool/non-free/f/fglrx-driver/fglrx-driver_10-2-2.dsc
on sid (on i386), all is fine.

When I rebuild it on lenny (on i386), the fglrx-glx package gets a depends on
fglxrx-glx-ia32.

from debian/control:

Package: fglrx-glx
Architecture: i386 amd64
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, ${shlibs:Depends}, fglrx-driver (=
${binary:Version})

Package: fglrx-glx-ia32
Architecture: amd64
Depends: ${misc:Depends}, ${shlibs:Depends}, fglrx-driver (=
${binary:Version})
Pre-Depends: libc6-i386 (>= 2.9-18)

My chroots (as well as the host system) are i386 and "dpkg -l |grep ia32"
results nothing.

Do you have any idea what I could do to build a correct fglrx-glx package on
lenny?

cheers,
	Holger, happy for any pointers/insights